This surreal window display is across the street from the Coney Island Cyclone. Located on the north side of Surf Avenue, where the original Luna Park was in business until 1944, the shop is sandwiched between furniture stores that are forever having going out of business sales. If the days of furniture stores named after amusement parks (Luna Park, Astroland) are numbered, it’s because bars and restaurants are blossoming down the block. The flower shop’s window unexpectedly conjures up memories of set pieces from Coney’s vanished wax museums and historical shows, but it’s unlikely we’ll ever see such amusements again on the north side of Surf.
Top Posts & Pages
- Beyond HAPPY to report Rainbow Shops NOT returning to Thor's bldg in #ConeyIsland, Eldorado arcade machines moving in http://t.co/fFZ0DdzkUe 1 hour ago
- "Spending purgatory in an old amusement park wouldn’t be so bad as long as the rides worked..." #CarnivalOfSouls twitter.com/Barry_Cinemati… 12 hours ago
- RT @MayorsAlliance: Meet bunnies from @rabbitrescueNYC & 40+ groups at #Adoptapalooza Sun. 5/31! bit.ly/AdoptapaloozaN… http://t.co/p33joTA… 1 day ago
- RT @WonderWheelPark: #tbt Soapy the Pointer was sooo excited to ride the Wonder Wheel! This year's Pet Day is 5/30 facebook.com/events/1648329… … 1 day ago
- I'm a professional writer and social media manager for hire. Visit my website for details. Amusing the Zillion is my personal blog. The content and ideas expressed here are uniquely my own. © Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion 2009-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material including photos and republication of RSS feed without express and written permission from this blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Brief excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion with appropriate and specific links to the original content.
- amusement park arcade Astroland Bank of Coney Island Boardwalk Brighton Beach Brooklyn Bruce Handy carnival carousel cat Central Amusement International Cha-Cha's Charles Denson Coney Island Coney Island Arcade Coney Island Boardwalk Coney Island History Project Coney Island Redevelopment Coney Island USA Cyclone demolition Deno's Wonder Wheel Park Dick Zigun documentary Dreamland Eldorado Eric Kowalsky fireworks flea market free event Henderson Building Hurricane Sandy Jim McDonnell Joe Sitt Jones Walk local Luna Park Marie Roberts Mermaid Parade Miss Coney Island mural Nathan's New Year's Day New York City NYCEDC OPening Day Parachute Jump Parks Department Paul's Daughter Philomena Marano Photography Redevelopment restaurant rezoning roller coaster Ruby's Bar Sandy Save Coney Island Scream Zone sideshow sideshow banner signage snow Steeplechase Park Steeplechase Pier Stillwell Avenue street art Superstorm Sandy Surf Avenue Takeshi Yamada Target the Cat Thor Equities Wonder Wheel Zamperla
- © Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion, 2009-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material including photos and republication of RSS feed without express and written permission from this blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Brief excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion with appropriate and specific links to the original content.