When Coney Island photographer and resident Bruce Handy ventured onto the snow-laden Boardwalk at dawn, he was greeted by these two primitive snowmen. This month is now the snowiest January in New York City history, according to AccuWeather.com. The snow total for yesterday and today is 19 inches! If you’re heading out to Coney to take photos, be on the lookout for Polar Bears: Tom “Iceman” McGann says “snow swim = Thursday noon at Stillwell”!
Top Posts & Pages
- #tbt When “How Sweet It Is” graced the Cyclone ticketbooth. Happy Birthday Jackie Gleason! amusingthezillion.com/2015/02/26/pho… http://t.co/63XlGhTmnQ 1 day ago
- RT @NYUGameCenter: 'Addiction by Design' is a compelling inquiry into the intensifying traffic between people and machines of chance. | htt… 1 day ago
- RT @filmsbyAmy: Our WTF for today: Joey Coney Island Sitt receives Corporate Social Responsibility Award cityandstateny.com/2/csr-announce… @kellybklyn… 1 day ago
- RT @Bindlestiff: We still have a couple spots available in the upcoming Bindlestiff Open Stage Variety Show on March 2 at Dixon... http://t… 1 day ago
- I'm a professional writer and social media manager for hire. Visit my website for details. Amusing the Zillion is my personal blog. The content and ideas expressed here are uniquely my own. © Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion 2009-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material including photos and republication of RSS feed without express and written permission from this blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Brief excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion with appropriate and specific links to the original content.
- amusement park arcade Astroland Bank of Coney Island Boardwalk Brighton Beach Brooklyn Bruce Handy Bumper Cars carnival carousel cat Central Amusement International Cha-Cha's Charles Denson Coney Island Coney Island Arcade Coney Island Boardwalk Coney Island History Project Coney Island Redevelopment Coney Island USA Cyclone demolition Deno's Wonder Wheel Park Dick Zigun Dreamland Eldorado Eric Kowalsky fireworks flea market free event Henderson Building Hurricane Sandy Jim McDonnell Joe Sitt Jones Walk local Luna Park Marie Roberts Mermaid Parade Miss Coney Island Nathan's New Year's Day New York City NYCEDC OPening Day Parachute Jump Parks Department Paul's Daughter Philomena Marano Photography Redevelopment restaurant Retail rezoning roller coaster Ruby's Bar Sandy Save Coney Island Scream Zone sideshow sideshow banner signage snow Steeplechase Park Steeplechase Pier Stillwell Avenue street art Superstorm Sandy Surf Avenue Takeshi Yamada Target the Cat Thor Equities Wonder Wheel Zamperla
- © Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion, 2009-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material including photos and republication of RSS feed without express and written permission from this blog’s owner is strictly prohibited. Brief excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tricia Vita and Amusing the Zillion with appropriate and specific links to the original content.